Sessions are encouraged from all the broad fields of seismology including, but not limited to:
- seismic networks, data acquisition and processing
- seismic hazard and risk, including site effects
- physics of earthquakes
- study of the Earth's interior
- array seismology
- engineering seismology
- earthquake engineering
- induced seismicity
- seismic anisotropy
- earthquake forecasting
- statistical seismology
- historical seismology and macroseismology
- recent significant earthquakes
- earthquake secondary effects (e.g. tsunamis and landslides)
- education, outreach and societal implications.
How to submit your Session Proposal
Session proposals format:
Session proposals should include:
- Short description (up to 250 words)
- Name and affiliation of Conveners.
Session proposals can be submitted up to 15 November 2023, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Note: The number of special sessions is limited to 30 and one will be jointly organized with SSA.
Announcement of Selected Sessions:
The list of selected sessions will be published on ESC2024 website by mid December 2023.
For questions about proposing a session, please contact the Organising Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org