Submission procedure & guidelines
Please read carefully the below information:
28th ESPN Congress – 2023:
Future in Europe's Pediatric Neurosurgery - Expand personal friendship through digital cooperation
The abstract should be addressing one of the following topics
- Technological advances in collaboration
- Lesional Epilepsy
- Complex spinal congenital diseases
- Posterior fossa tumors
Abstract submissions not within the aforementioned thematic will not be accepted for evaluation.
The best poster/ flash presentation and oral presentation will be awarded.
- The first step to follow before submitting an abstract online is to login, by creating your own username and password required by the system. The same login details are to be used for any other services booked through the Congress online platform.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English through the online abstract submission platform. Abstracts sent in other languages and/or by fax, e-mail or hard copy (paper copy) will not be accepted for evaluation.
- During your abstract’s online submission, you will be requested to choose the topic of your preference. Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to request the change of your abstract’s topic, according to the Scientific Program’s specifications and needs.
- The abstract should include: a) the abstract title in sentence case; b) the authors’ full names(first name, followed by family name), listed in their proper order and with the respective indices, corresponding to their affiliations; c) authors’ affiliations(clinic/department, hospital/university, city, country) with the respective indices corresponding the authors; d) full abstract text, properly structured (Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion); e) source of funding (if any); f) references (if any).
- Your abstract should be submitted by December 18, 2022 the very latest.
- Pre-registration of at least one of your abstract’s authors until January 20, 2022 is a prerequisite for its presentation in the Scientific Program and its publication in the Congress printed and electronic material.
- All received abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee.
- Your abstract’s corresponding author will be notified of the evaluation procedure’s results until January 10, 2023.
- Abstract texts should have the following structure: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion. The text must be a maximum of 300 words (including title, authors, affiliations, references).
- Please refrain from using tables or pictures to support your abstract, as they will be excluded from publication in the Congress Abstract Book. Detailed numbered references should also be avoided; references are to be mentioned inside parenthesis within the abstract text.
- If the study has been supported by a grant, please indicate the source of funding at the bottom of your abstract.
- If an author wishes to withdraw a submitted abstract, a written request must be sent to the Congress Organizing Bureau, the latest by December 20, 2022.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of your submission will be sent to your stated email address. If necessary, you may access the abstract and make changes until the submission deadline. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a fully finalized abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific facts will be reproduced as typed by the author.
For further information regarding abstract submission and presentation, please contact the ESPN 2023 Congress Organizing Secretariat at email@example.com