Submission procedure & guidelines
Please read the information below carefully, before entering to the online system:
- Abstracts can only be submitted electronically through the online abstract submission form available at the top of this webpage.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of your submission will be sent to your stated email address.
If you do not receive the confirmation email within 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- Maximum 390 words, excluding title and authors list and affiliations.
- A maximum of 2 graphs, tables or diagrams may be included in addition to the word count and must be in original format and not an image.
- It is the author's responsibility to submit a complete abstract in finalized format. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific facts will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The presenting author is indicated by clicking on the appropriate box next to the respective name. Co-authorship is open to an unlimited number of abstracts.
- Submission of closely related abstracts from the same group is discouraged.
- Abstract presenters must be registered to the Summit and have paid their registration fee in full by February 20, 2022.
Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the corresponding author of each abstract by February 15, 2021.
- Accepted abstracts will be considered for poster presentations.
- The corresponding author receives all information concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing all other co-authors of the status of the abstract.
- All abstract presenters will be asked to reconfirm their attendance after receiving the notification. If you do not reconfirm your abstract presentation, register and pay the registration fee before the given deadline, your abstract will be removed from the programme.
- Abstracts will be assessed by an expert panel of reviewers. Acceptance of the submitted work is at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- The corresponding author receives all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract.
- The presenting author of an abstract must register to the Summit by the given deadline. If registration and payment is not completed within the deadline, the abstract will be removed from the programme.
- Consent for publication of individual patient data (applies to abstracts with identifiable patient information): For publication of an abstract that contains identifiable information about patients, it is necessary that patients have given consent for the research to be published. For all abstracts that include identifiable patient details (e.g. gender, age, illness, location) or images, written informed consent must be obtained from the patient (or their parent or legal guardian) and a respective statement should be included in the abstract text.
- The abstract must contain original work. If the abstract was published or presented at a meeting of another national or international scientific organization, it must contain all citations.
- Upon the abstract submission authors give their consent for the abstract to being published on the Online Journal Supplement of Respiratory Research
For abstract submission support, please contact the Organising Secretariat at: email@example.com