The oral presentations will be presented in special sessions. The duration of each oral presentation will be 6 minutes. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final duration of each presentation, depending on the needs of the scientific programme.
The Hellenic Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, within the context to exploit emerging technologies, welcomes again this year the e-posters at its Panhellenic Congress.
The Editorial Board of the official journal of HAOST Acta Orthopaedica et Traumatologica Hellenica has announced that it will host all abstracts accepted for oral and e-presentations in a Supplementary issue dedicated to this event. Furthermore, these may be published in priority as full texts in this Journal; authors interested in this offer, following successful review of their abstract by Congress Scientific Committee should follow the instructions to authors as shown in the official site of the journal www.eexot-journal.com.
The authors, who wish to participate in the Scientific Programme with paper within the context of the Congress subject matters, are invited to submit an abstract of their paper, adhering to the submission guidelines.
The abstracts submission is ONLY electronical, through the official website of the Congress and the online system. Abstracts sent by fax or e-mail will not be accepted for evaluation. The abstracts will be published without further correction.
Please read the instructions below carefully, before entering to the online system.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- The author responsible for the submission will state the preferred topic and the desired way of presenting your paper (Oral Presentation or e-Poster) when submitting the abstract through the online system.
- The title of the abstract should be in lower case letters and accent marks.
- The names of the authors should be written in the nominative case, in lower case letters and accent marks, first the name followed by the surname written out in full (e.g. George Papadopoulos).
- After the title and the list of authors, the workplaces or the academic bodies of the authors should be listed, as well as the respective city, in lower case letters. Any reference to exact address (street name, number, postal code) is not needed (and it will be deleted for consistency reasons). The above will be presented in ascending classification, according to the order in which the names of the authors are listed and their matching to the indexes. The authors' workplace should not be mentioned in the paper title of or in the abstract text.
- The abstract should be structured as follows:
MATERIALS AND METHODS
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words. The text has to be submitted in Times New Roman font, size 10 pt, alignment: justify. The submission is in plain text format. Please note that any formatting (bold, underline, etc.) will not be maintained. The tables and the charts should be converted to image and imported in a separate section below. The maximum number of images to be submitted is three (3) and the maximum size per image is 5000 pixels. References should not be included.
- The author responsible for the submission will have the opportunity to make changes to the text of the abstract, through the online system, only if the abstract has been registered as "Draft". The submitted abstracts are not subject to corrections. After the deadline, the system will lock, and the abstracts will be sent to the Scientific Committee of the Congress for review. The author responsible for submitting the paper will be informed immediately by the system for its successful submission.
- Any corrections or changes after the submission deadline will be accepted only with the consent of the Review Committee.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to propose after the review a different topic for the presentation of the abstract. The author responsible for the submission will receive the respective notification after the review process has been finalised.
- The acceptance or not of the paper by the Scientific Committee will be announced to the author responsible for the submission until July 20, 2021. In case you do not receive a reply until that date, please contact the Secretariat at 0030 210 7414700. The interested parties will be notified in a timely manner on the means, the date and the time of the presentation of their paper.
- Each medical specialist (member of the authors team) has the right to participate with a maximum of three (3) papers. In case of participating with more than three papers, the participation fee for the additional abstracts will have to be paid by another author.
- Τhe condition for the acceptance of the abstract to be presented at the Congress is the registration of at least one of the authors of the submitted paper.
- The timely submission of abstracts is also a condition for their acceptance. Papers that do not satisfy the above requirements will not be accepted for review.
For information on the abstracts submission, please contact the Organising Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 0030 210 7414700.