Please watch the below videos and carefully read the following instructions about the virtual platform used for the summit.
Also, detailed instructions are available here in PDF FORMAT
- The use of a computer, preferably with a large screen, is strongly advised, in order for you to enjoy an optimal experience. Mobile phones and tablet computers are not recommended.
- Before you log-in, be sure that no other software (such as Skype, Viber, GoToMeeting, etc.) is using your devices at that moment.
- We highly recommend the use of Google Chrome for any virtual event.
- This is a virtual event, which means that most and foremost you will need a strong internet connection. A connection of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for watching the event, and at least 8 Mbps of wired connection for Presenters and Chairs.
- It is preferable to connect from a private network as opposed to a public one that is being used by several people, because if someone decides to make excessive use of the internet by streaming high definition video or uploading large files at the same time, it will severely affect your speed and overall ability to attend the event. Make sure that you advise everyone who shares your network to respect that during the event.
- You can log in as early as 15 minutes before the start of your session. Once you have done so, you are counted as a delegate, attending the event virtually, even if you leave before the start or at any time during the event (whether or not due to an internet connection failure). We encourage you to log in timely and not to do this last minute.
- When you participate online, other delegates will be informed about your participation as you will be visible in the Meeting Hub, the networking space where participants socialize online.
All presentations will be delivered as pre-recorded videos in case of bad internet connection or slow speed, while Live discussion and questions from the audience will follow at the end of each presentation, having a duration of 3 minutes.
The Questions/Discussion will take place in livestream following each presentation and as indicated in the Program, you are requested to participate live. Participants will be able to use a Live Q&A Chat box to ask questions during and after the presentations. Chairpersons will forward the questions to each Presenter after the end of each presentation and will lead the discussion, respecting the limitations of time.
All the sessions will be fully recorded and made available for registered participants on demand, after the event. This will allow participants from the less favourable time zones to catch up with the content. In case of refusal, please notify us at email@example.com.
Pre-recorded presentations, already sent to the Organizing Secretariat, will be managed by the host (Organizing Secretariat team) and Presenters do not have to upload the file again. Program’s flow including pre-recorded videos uploading and transmission according to the Program’s schedule, will be handled only by Organizing Secretariat.
- Presenters should be virtually present during their session in order to answer questions and participate in the live discussion at the end of their pre-recorded presentation.
- Chairpersons open, coordinate and facilitate the discussion at the end of each presentation. During the Live Discussion, the session’s Chairperson will lead the discussion by selecting a few questions, depending on the available time, and read them to the presenter who will be able to answer verbally. The time for questions and discussion should be up to 3 minutes.
- Chairpersons introduce the session including the general title of the session, the names of all presenters as well as the title of all presentations. All presentations will be pre-recorded. Also, Chairs should explain to the attendees that a Live discussion will take place at the end of each video presentation and that they may send their questions using the available chat tool.
As time allocated to each session is not flexible, Chairpersons are kindly requested to conclude the session on time.
At first place, please make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. If possible, use headphones.
During the event, in the Timeline, look for the date & time of the Session where you are chairing and/or presenting. The session (s) where you chair/present, will be available to join 15 minutes prior to its start. Click on the Join button
.click on the Join Green Room button. A pop-up window will appear at the bottom right of your screen asking you to check your settings. Click on the green OK button (see image below). That will allow us to connect with you and see your camera in the green room.
At first you will be placed by the host (Event’s Organizer) at the Green Room, the waiting area for Chairperson and Presenters. Only host and other faculty members in the Green Room can hear and see you. Turn off all sound notifications on all your devices and if possible, use headphones.
The Host can bring Chairpersons and Presenters from the Green Room onto the Preview Panel and then to the Main Stage.
The Preview Panel is where the host can organize Chairpersons, Presenters and media and decide arrange the layout on the Main Stage. When your microphone is turned on, attendees can hear your voice from the Preview Panel but cannot see you so, please mute your microphone when not speaking.
The Main Stage is the location from where the whole Scientific Program will be broadcasted. There, Chairpersons and Presenters, videos, live discussion and media are viewable and audible by our virtual attendees. When you see yourself at the Main Stage it means that you are live. Everybody participating in the event can see and hear you when your camera and microphone is turned on.When you are about to leave, press the Leave button at the top right of your screen and will return in the Timeline screen where you can see all upcoming and current sessions. You can re-join a session or join a new one.
- Join Green Room/End Presentation: When joining the Green Room the hosts will be able to see you and bring you on the Main Stage.
- Start/Stop Camera: By default, your camera will be turned on. You can toggle this on and off as required.
- Mute/Unmute Mic: By default, your microphone will be turned on. You can toggle this on and off as required.
- Settings: Select this to review or change your audio and camera options.
- Share Screen: You can share a PowerPoint or anything else on your computer screen to the Main Stage. If you are presenter, you can only share a screen or display your video, not both at the same time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When in full screen mode on your power point presentation, you will not be able to see yourself at the same time or the main stage of the event’s platform.
- Media: The tool through which you can upload and share an image or video that wish to include in the Main Stage.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Program’s flow including pre-recorded videos uploading and transmission according to the Program’s schedule, will be handled by Organizing Secretariat. Chairpersons and Presenters do not have to upload or check anything.
- Attendees: You can view the participants attending the session in real time.
- Live Q&A: This option displays the Live Q&A chat, where hosts, Chairpersons or Presenters can review and manage questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Chairpersons and Presenters do not receive notification when a question is asked from the audience. We highly recommend to Chairpersons to keep that dialog box open.
- Session Information Panel: The Session Information Panel displays each session’s information. This is the same information viewable on the timeline when you select a session to preview.
- Presenter Chat: This is a private chat area for all hosts, Chairpersons, Presenters, and organizing team in the current session. Restore down your window if you cannot see the “type a message” tab.
- Preview: This option displays both the attendee view and a preview of the current presentation. You can also see the two back up streams. Note that the previews are only available when a Broadcast is active.
- Control Room Chat: This is a private chat area for all Chairpersons, Presenters and control room staff to address any problems.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In case of technical difficulties please use that chat and our staff will assist you the soonest possible.
1) Your contact details will be used to compile a delegate list that will be used by event organizers, sponsors and parties associated with the event. Third parties will receive only the information required for their operation. Other participants will be able to contact you and see your information (Title, First name, Family name, Position, Organization, State or City, Country, Profile Photo) in the framework of the event.
2) Meeting sessions will be recorded and will be made available after the event. Organizers will consider any reasonable request not to use or to stop using a particular recording.