Please watch the below video and carefully read the following instructions about the virtual platform used for the workshop.
Also, detailed instructions are available here in PDF FORMAT
- The use of a computer, preferably with a large screen, is strongly advised, in order for you to enjoy an optimal experience. Mobile phones and tablet computers are not recommended.
- Before you log-in, be sure that no other software (such as Skype, Viber, GoToMeeting, etc.) is using your devices at that moment.
- We highly recommend the use of Google Chrome for any virtual event.
- This is a virtual event, which means that most and foremost you will need a strong internet connection. A connection of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for watching the event, and at least 8 Mbps of wired connection for Presenters and Chairs.
- It is preferable to connect from a private network as opposed to a public one that is being used by several people, because if someone decides to make excessive use of the internet by streaming high definition video or uploading large files at the same time, it will severely affect your speed and overall ability to attend the event. Make sure that you advise everyone who shares your network to respect that during the event.
- You can log in as early as 15 minutes before the start of your session. Once you have done so, you are counted as a delegate, attending the event virtually, even if you leave before the start or at any time during the event (whether or not due to an internet connection failure). We encourage you to log in timely and not to do this last minute.
- When you participate online, other delegates will be informed about your participation as you will be visible in the Meeting Hub, the networking space where participants socialize online.
1. Profile Settings
The first time that you log in to the platform, you will be asked to select your camera and microphone. If you have multiple input devices, you will need to choose the one that you prefer using during the event. Click on the set button.
In addition to your hardware setup, the first time that you access the Platform you will be presented with your settings. In here, you can fill in your profile and select which of your contact details will be visible to other delegates. When you are done, just click on the Update and Close button. Note that you can change your settings at any point you wish during the event, by clicking on your initials on the top right of your timeline screen and selecting My settings.
2. Programme View
When that is done, you will be presented with the Timeline screen. On the left side of your screen, you can see the event program. All sessions are displayed in chronological order, based on the time zone that has been automatically selected in your settings. Clicking on a session block will display its information on theright-hand side:
3. Session Attendance
As soon as it is time for a session to begin, you may click on the Join button to access it. A red line will indicate the exact point in time in which you are going to join the session.
The session broadcast will begin automatically on your browser. During the session, you may use the Live Q & A panel to submit questions to the Presenters. Chairpersons and Presenters may also ask the audience to submit their questions.
If for any reason the session is not displayed correctly in your browser, you also have the option to click on the link below the presentation window “Audio/Video Issues” or contact live support.
4. Live Support
Should you run into any technical difficulties, you can try to refresh your browser or log-out and log-in again. Failing that, you can always click on the red icon on the top right to start a Live Support request. Our staff will be happy to assist you with any difficulties that you may be facing.
5. Meeting Hub
The Meeting Hub is a very powerful feature that attendees can use to communicate with each other. Through this module, you can:
- type a name to search for an attendee OR use the Advanced Search to filter by country or other parameters
- send a request to connect with an attendee and as soon as they accept it, you can chat with them at any point during the conference or you can request a video call. You can also send direct messages.
6. Time Zone Coordination
All sessions of the event are scheduled in CEST time. However, considering the event is international and both participants & faculty are tuning in from several continents and time zones, the platform shows you the time each session is meant to start in the time zone in which your computer is set up to follow. Under the title of each session you should see the starting and ending time of each session according to your own time zone. The same applies to the timings shown on the timeline before choosing a specific session.
1) Your contact details will be used to compile a delegate list that will be used by event organizers, sponsors and parties associated with the event. Third parties will receive only the information required for their operation. Other participants will be able to contact you and see your information (Title, First name, Family name, Position, Organization, State or City, Country, Profile Photo) in the framework of the event.
2) Meeting sessions will be recorded and will be made available after the event. Organizers will consider any reasonable request not to use or to stop using a particular recording.