Please watch the below video and carefully read the following instructions about the virtual platform used for the congress.
Also, detailed instructions are available here in PDF FORMAT
- The use of a computer, preferably with a large screen, is strongly advised, in order for you to enjoy an optimal experience. Mobile phones and tablet computers are not recommended.
- Before you log-in, be sure that no other software (such as Skype, Viber, GoToMeeting, etc.) is using your devices at that moment.
- We highly recommend the use of Google Chrome for any virtual event.
- This is a virtual event, which means that most and foremost you will need a strong internet connection. A connection of at least 2 Mbps is recommended for watching the conference, and at least 8 Mbps of wired connection for presenters and chairs.
- It is preferable to connect from a private network as opposed to a public one that is being used by several people, because if someone decides to make excessive use of the internet by streaming high definition video or uploading large files at the same time, it will severely affect your speed and overall ability to attend the conference. Make sure that you advise everyone who shares your network to respect that during the event.
- At the event opening day, you can log in as early as 15 minutes before the start (the main Program starts at 11:30 and ends at 20:55-CET time). Once you have done so, you are counted as a delegate, attending the event virtually, even if you leave before the start or at any time during the event (whether or not due to an internet connection failure). We encourage you to log in timely and not to do this last minute.
- When you participate online, other delegates will be informed about your participation as you will be visible in the Meeting Hub.
1.1. Profile Settings
The first time that you log in to the platform, you will be asked to select your camera and microphone. If you have multiple input devices, you will need to choose the one that you prefer using during the event. Although the use of a camera and microphone is not required, they will definitely enhance your experience, as they will allow you to socialize with other attendees.
In addition to your hardware setup, the first time that you access the Platform you will be presented with your settings. In here, you can fill in your profile and select which of your contact details will be visible to other delegates. When you are done, just click on the Update button. Note that you can change your settings at any point you wish during the event, by clicking on your initials on the top right and selecting My settings.
1.2. Program View
When that is done, you will be presented with the Timeline screen. On the left side of your screen, you can see the event program. All sessions are displayed in chronological order, based on the timezone that you selected in your settings. Clicking on a session block will display its information on the right-hand side:
1.3. Session Attendance
As soon as it is time for a session to begin, you may click on the Join button to access it. A red line will indicate the exact point in time in which you are going to join the session.
The session broadcast will begin automatically on your browser. During the session, you may use the Live Q & A panel to submit questions to the speakers. Presenters or chairs may also ask the audience to submit their questions.
If for any reason the session is not displayed correctly in your browser, you also have the option to click on the link below the presentation window “Audio/Video Issues” or contact live support.
1.4. Live Support
Should you run into any technical difficulties, you can try to refresh your browser or log-out and log-in again. Failing that, you can always click on the red icon on the top right to start a Live Support request. Our staff will be happy to assist you with any difficulties that you may be facing.
1.5. Meeting Hub
The Meeting Hub is a very powerful feature that attendees can use to communicate with each other. Through this module, you can:
- type a name to search for an attendee OR use the Advanced Search to filter by country or other parameters
- send a request to connect with an attendee and as soon as they accept it, you can chat with them at any point during the conference or you can request a video call.
1.6. E-Poster Gallery
During the congress you are encouraged to have a look at the submitted e-Posters. You will find them alphabetically arranged in the gallery shown on the same page as the timeline.
All sessions of the Congress are scheduled in CET time. However, considering the congress is international and both participants & faculty are tuning in from several continents and time zones, the platform shows you the time each session is meant to start in the time zone in which your computer is set up to follow.
Under the title of each session you should see the starting and ending time of each session according to your own time zone.
The same applies to the timings shown on the timeline before choosing a specific session.
All the presentations will be delivered as pre-recorded videos in case of bad internet connection or slow speed, while Live discussion will follow at the end of each session.
The Questions/Discussion, Plenary Lectures Sessions, Opening Session and Special Panel Session will take place in livestream following the presentations and as indicated in the Program, where you should participate live. Participants will be able to use a Q&A Chat box to ask questions during and after the presentations. The host will give the speaker access to the discussion and will lead the questions and answers.
All the sessions will be fully recorded and made available for registered participants on demand, during the congress and the month after. This will allow participants from the less favourable time zones to catch up with the content. In case of refusal, please notify us at email@example.com
Pre-recorded presentations, already sent to the Organizing Secretariat, will be managed by the host (Organizing Secretariat) and you do not have to upload the file the again.
2.1 Roles description:
• Presenters should be virtually present for their entire session in order to answer questions and participate in the live discussion at the end of each session.
• Chairpersons open, coordinate and facilitate the discussion at the end of each session.
• Chairpersons introduce the session including the general title of the session, the names of all presenters as well as the title of all presentations. All presentations will be pre-recorded and will run automatically one after another without break. Also, Chairs should explain to the attendees that a Live discussion will take place at the end of the session and that they may send their questions using the available chat tool.
As time allocated to each session is not flexible, chairpersons are kindly requested to conclude the session on time.
• During the Live Discussion, the session’s chairperson will lead the discussion by selecting a few questions, depending on the available time, and read them to the presenter who will be able to answer verbally during the session.
• The session's discussant speaks briefly after all of the presenters, critically engage with constructive feedback to presenters, and raises questions to be explored during the Q&A/ discussion time.
2.2. Preparing for your Virtual Session
Before you proceed, make sure that you have read the Introduction and the Instructions for all attendees’ sections. As a presenter, you will have some additional features when you log in to the platform compared to regular attendees.
At first place please make sure that you are using the latest version of Google Chrome. If possible, use headphones.
During the conference, in the Timeline, look for the date & time of the Session where you are presenting. The session where you present, will be available to join 15 minutes prior to its start. Click on the Join button.
2.3. Going live
When you join each session, you will be placed in AIRCast Studio, the presentation environment used by all presenters and event organizers.
click on the Join Green Room button. At first you will be placed by the host (Event’s Organizer) at the Green Room, the waiting area for presenters. Only host and other presenters in the Green Room can hear and see you.
Please test your audio and video as you join and mute your microphone when not speaking. Turn off all sound notifications on all your devices and if possible, use headphones.
The Host can bring presenters from the Green Room onto the Preview Panel and then to the Main Stage.
The Preview Panel is where the host can organize presenters and media and decide both the layout on the Main Stage as well as the location of each stream in the Main Stage display. When your microphone is turned on, attendees can hear your voice from the Preview Panel but cannot see you.
The Main Stage is the location of presenters, screen shares and media viewable by your virtual attendees. Everybody participating in the event can see and hear you when your camera and microphone is turned on.
When you are about to leave, press the Leave button and will return in the Timeline screen where you can see all upcoming and current sessions. You can re-join a session or join a new one.
- Present/End Presentation: Select option to start presenting. You will be brought into the Green Room until the Host brings you on the Main Stage.
- Start/Stop Camera: By default, your camera will be turned on. Τhis option will turn off your video. You can toggle this on and off as required.
- Mute/UnMute Mic: By default, your microphone will be turned on. You can toggle this on and off as required.
- Settings: Select this to review or change your audio and video options.
- Share Screen: You can share a PowerPoint or anything else on your computer screen to the Main Stage. If you are presenter, you can only share a screen or display your video, not both at the same time.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When in full screen mode on your power point presentation, you will not be able to see yourself at the same time or the main stage of the event’s platform.
- Live Q&A: this option displays the Live Q&A panel, where you or your non-presenting support team can review, manage, and respond to questions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Presenters do not receive notification when a question is asked from the audience. We highly recommend that you should keep that dialog box open.
- Session Information Panel: The Session Information Panel displays the presenter and session information. This is the same information viewable on the timeline when you select a session to preview.
- Presenter Chat: This is a private chat area for all hosts, presenters, and organizing team in the current session. Restore down your window if you cannot see the “type a message” tab.
- Preview: This option displays both the attendee view and a preview of the current presentation. You can also see the two back up streams. Note that the previews are only available when a Broadcast is active.
- Control Room Chat: This is a private chat area for all presenters and control room staff to address any problems.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In case of technical difficulties please use that chat and our staff will assist you the soonest possible.
1) Your contact details will be used to compile a delegate list that will be used by event organizers, sponsors and parties associated with the event. Third parties will receive only the information required for their operation. Other participants will be able to contact you and see your information (Title, First name, Family name, Position, Organization, State or City, Country, Profile Photo) in the framework of the event.
2) Meeting sessions will be recorded and will be made available after the conference. Organizers will consider any reasonable request not to use or to stop using a particular Recording.