The virtual conference will operate a special virtual platform and will be similar to any in-person conference. Presentations are assembled in sessions according to a theme and they are assigned a virtual room.
As with in-person conferences, people select and access their preferred session; they only have to click on their preferred session to access the virtual room of their choice.
- Session Opening:
- Conveners/Chairpersons coordinate Live each session, by opening each session and introducing the Speakers/Presenters and presentations titles to follow. The list of presentations and speakers will be displayed on the virtual platform’s session information.
- Session Presentations:
- All presentations will be delivered as pre-recorded videos to avoid bad internet connection or slow speed. However, Speakers/Presenters should be virtually present during their session to answer questions immediately after the end of their presentation.
- Live Q&A:
- As with in-person conferences, there will be a dedicated period of 3 minutes for Live Q&A after the end of each presentation. Attendees will be able to use the available Q&A Chat box to type/ask questions during and immediately after each oral presentation. The session’s Convener/Chairperson will select the questions, depending on the available time, and read them to the presenter who will be able to answer verbally.
Unless otherwise indicated by the speakers/presenter, all the sessions will be fully recorded and made available for registered Attendees on demand, after the end of the conference for a period of 2 months. This will allow Attendees from the less favorable time zones to catch up with the content. In case of refusal, please notify us at email@example.com. Pre-recorded presentations, already sent to the Organizing Secretariat, will be managed by the Organizing Secretariat and you do not have to upload the file again.
2. ROLES DESCRIPTION
Speakers / Presenters:
Although all presentations will be pre-recorded, Speakers/Presenters should be virtually present during their oral presentation to answer questions after the end their presentation.
Chairpersons / Conveners:
- Open & introduce the session mentioning the general title of the session, the names of the presenters as well as the title of
presentations to follow. All information will be available and easily accessible on the virtual Conference platform.
- Explain to the attendees that a Live Q&A will take place at the end of each oral presentation and that they may send their questions using the available chat tool.
- Lead, coordinate and facilitate the discussion during the Live Q&A after each presentation, by selecting the questions, depending on the available time, and read them to the presenter who will be able to answer verbally.
- As time allocated to each session is not flexible, chairpersons are kindly requested to conclude the session on time.
Before the Conference starts:
- By August 31st , 2021, an invitation for a LIVE test will be send to all Chairs/Conveners and Speakers/Presenters by the Organising Secretariat, where our technicians will guide you through and highlight all important points of the streaming platform. Alongside, detailed information on how to join “virtual session room” for your participation will be forwarded.
- By September 15th, 2021, you should have received your registration details and access code, in order to attend the conference as an Attendee through the conference website.
Please make sure to join the “the virtual session room” 15 minutes before the beginning of your session.
During the session:
- The Chairperson/Convener will introduce the session (i.e. session’s and presentation’s titles, names and affiliations of the
- Chairperson/Convener should explain to the attendees that a 3 minutes Live Q&A will take place after the end of each oral presentation and that they may send their questions using the Live Q&A tool.
- During the Live Q&A, the Chairperson/Convener may select the most important questions, depending on the time available, and ask the speaker/presenter.
- The private Chat tool will be used by the session Chairperson/Convener to privately contact the speakers/presenters if needed. If you need technical assistance, you will be able to inform the platform technician/host using this tool.
- The time allocated to each session is not flexible, therefore please try to conclude the session on time.
For your connection, please follow the recommendations below:
- A laptop or desktop, a recent version of Chrome, a microphone and web camera.
- Wired (Ethernet cable) internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Ensure a quiet place without interference and avoid areas that have echo.
- Select a neutral background.
- Darker color shirts/blouses appear better on camera. Try to avoid busy plaid or patterned outfits.
- Ensure that you have no window or light behind you and against your camera. Diffused light in front of you will usually work best to avoid shadows.
- Try to position your camera so that it is just above your eye level and your face is in the center of your camera shot. Ideally place your camera/device on a higher position.
- Turn off all sound notifications on all your devices. - During live streaming you are kindly requested to close all other applications and windows on your computer.