- The first step to follow before submitting an abstract online is to login to the system, by entering your contact details and creating your personal username and password. These login details will allow you access to your Personal Page, through which you may:
- Submit your abstract(s) and make changes until the abstract submission deadline
- Register for the Meeting
- Book your accommodation and/or tours during the Meeting
- After uploading your abstract, please remember to mark it as “Pending” status, in order to be able to make any changes you wish until the abstract submission deadline. After the expiration of the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be automatically updated to “Confirmed” status, thus disabling the option to make changes.
Submission InstructionsPlease read the below information before entering the online abstract submission system:
- The first step to follow before submitting an abstract online is to sign up, creating your own username and password required by the system. The username and password is to be used to log in to the online system for abstract submission, as well as any future visit to the Meeting online services (registrations, hotel accommodation, etc.).
- Abstracts must be submitted in English through the online abstract submission system. Abstracts sent in other languages and/or by fax, e-mail or hard copy (paper copy) will not be accepted for evaluation.
- During your abstract’s online submission, you will be requested to choose your preferred type of presentation (oral or poster presentation). Please note that the Organizers reserve the right to request the change of your abstract’s presentation type and/or topic, according to the Scientific Programme’s specifications and needs.
- Your abstract should be submitted until February 15th, 2018 at 23:59 hrs (GMT+2) the very latest.
- Your abstract’s corresponding author will be notified of the evaluation procedure’s results until February 28th, 2018.
- Pre-registration of at least one of your abstract’s authors until March 15th, 2018 is a prerequisite for its presentation during the Scientific Programme and publication in the Meeting printed material.
- All received abstracts will be evaluated by the Meeting Scientific Committee.
- Make sure that authors names (first name and family name in full) and affiliations (institute/hospital/university, city, country) are properly stated during your abstract’s submission.
- Abstract texts should have the following structure: a) Introduction, b) Methods, c) Results, d) Conclusion. The texts must be a maximum of 350 words.
- If the study has been supported by a grant, please indicate the source of funding at the bottom of your abstract. Number references (if any) should be placed in the order they appear in the abstract. If an author wishes to withdraw a submitted abstract, a written request should be sent to the Meeting Secretariat.
- For any corrections in an already submitted abstract, the submitting author may enter the online system and proceed accordingly only if he/she has marked his/her abstract in a “Pending” status (please see instructions available during the online abstract submission procedure). After the expiration of the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will automatically be turned to a “Confirmed” status; no changes will be allowed from that point onwards.